Quality and control
The quality of coagulants is regulated according to standards published by organisations such as the European Union and the European Committee for Standardisation (CEN). All INCOPA members follow these standards and frequently analyse their processes to ensure high quality coagulants are supplied to their customers.
As standard methods of water analysis are not easily adapted to the analysis of coagulants, INCOPA members contributed to the development of CEN standardised methods such as techniques to measure metal concentrations in water.
INCOPA members also subscribe to Responsible Care® which is an initiative of the global chemical industry to improve health, environmental performance, enhance security, and to communicate with stakeholders about products and processes.
Responsible Care® commits companies, national chemical industry associations and their partners to:
- Continuously improve the environmental, health, safety and security knowledge and performance of our technologies, processes and products over their life cycles so as to avoid harm to people and the environment.
- Use resources efficiently and minimise waste.
- Report openly on performance, achievements and shortcomings.
- Listen, engage and work with people to understand and address their concerns and expectations.
- Cooperate with governments and organisations in the development and implementation of effective regulations and standards, and to meet or go beyond them.
- Provide help and advice to foster the responsible management of chemicals by all those who manage and use them along the product chain.